logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] RoadMerger and adjust-turn-headings

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 21 07:14:14 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,
> > I got the impression that RoadMerger also calculates the
> > required data (angles etc).
> > It would be great if RoadMerger could store the information
> > somewhere so that tweezeArcs could use it.
>
> Ok, do you have an idea how to store the required information?

Good question. I'd say the information should be stored with the Coord
instance that connects two ways, so we'd need a CoordPOI for that.
Next we have to make sure that the info is passed along the chain
to tweezeArcs(). In tweezeArcs() we must make sure that we can
identify the info.
This must work even if the connection point is used multiple times:
A crossing point shared by four or more different OSM ways might be used
two times to connect ways in RoadMerger.
I guess the only constant during this process is the location of the
neighbour points. You could store the result of Utils.coord2Long()
(in the branch). The information that should be stored is similar
to that produced by the so called through-routes:
If you travel from point a via point b, the next point on the "main road"
is point c.

Does that make sense?