logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 19 11:51:38 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

seems that the garmin data is older.
Reg. polygon optimization:
When I started to implement that, I noticed problems with buildings
that share lines. Sometimes the lines were moved apart
because the algo optimized one poly after the other.
So I started to code that ShapeMergeFilter
which connects the polygon and removes points where possible.
The open problem now is that I merge the polys of each
sub division. If I optimize them, I see again the "move apart"
problem at places where one poly is in one sub div and another
neighbour poly is in a different sub div.
Maybe I can implement an algo that optimizes at least those
polygons which can't share any points with others in other
sub divisions with some kind of reference counter.
The correct solution that I have in mind requires a big
change in data structures, so I'd like to postpone that
because I want to merge the branch to trunk first.

Gerd

popej wrote