logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Feb 17 20:59:11 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

 > I've added the code to optimize non-routable ways in r3059.
 > Your example looks much better now.

That was fast. Result is much better, thanks!

Can we fine-tune effect using option --reduce-point-density?

Some observation:

Map size seems to be nearly 10% less, compared to latest release r3057.

I get many warnings like this:
SEVERE (WrongAngleFixer): pbf\29487111.osm.pbf: non-routable way
101876024 was removed

And some like this:
SEVERE (WrongAngleFixer): pbf\29487111.osm.pbf: Removing wrong angles -
didn't finish in 10 passes, giving up!

There is difference in processing of non-routable lines and polygons,
now outline of a building doesn't match polygon shape. I guess one
change leads to another and probably would be good to apply your updates
to processing polygons too.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej