logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search and --code-page

From Michał Rogala michal.rogala at gmail.com on Mon Feb 17 14:27:19 GMT 2014

Hi!

First tests are good :). But something strange happens with location of
some house numbers. For example Pulawska 67 (in Warszawa city) is here:
http://osm.org/go/0OyvXjAp5

but on Mapsource is shown here:
http://osm.org/go/0OyvSy29r

This is more than 1 kilometer apart!

Also addresses like Municypalna 14 are shifted about 50m.  Another bug is
related to uncommon house numbers like 12a, 67/69, etc. When given an
address like Municypalna 12a, Mapsource tries to locate Municypalna 12
(which is elsewhere, probably interpolated because no node with such
housenumber is in OSM).
When I enter address Pulawska 67/69, Mapsource shows Pulawska 623.

Main branch of mkgmap behaves in similar way, but addresses are shifted
slightly different (When entering Municypalna 12a, Mapsource searches for
Municypalna 23, Pulawska 67 is in different place - still wrong).

This doesn't seem to be related with --code-page switch.

best regards

Michal Rogala