logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Incorrectly interpolated numbers in small segment of a street

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Feb 9 13:55:19 GMT 2014

Hi

On 08/02/14 13:44, Paulo Carvalho wrote:
>    The attached OSM file is what I'm using in my tests.  I'm now able to
> compile the map with the house numbers ok.  But there is a problem
> (bug?).  Only a street called "Rua Armando Santos" has street numbers.

Thanks for the good example.

It seems that the house numbers are very close to the road and in this
case mkgmap mistakes the side of the road for one or two of the numbers.
When I moved the nodes in josm just so they were the same distance
apart as the others on the road then it worked.

This is I guess because they are less than 2m apart an so appear to
be the same in mkgmap.  The work that Gerd is doing on the
high-prec-coord branch should make it possible to fix this.

I would not normally suggest changing the data, but when viewed with
the background imagery the points don't look to be on opposite sides
of the road, so it would perhaps be appropriate in this case.

Best wishes

..Steve