logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House numbers not being generated

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Feb 7 06:57:52 GMT 2014

Hi Paulo,

the current implementation of the --housenumbers option works only in
combination with routable ways. When you use the default style,
just add option --route.

Gerd

Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:25:25 -0200
From: paulo.r.m.carvalho at gmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: [mkgmap-dev] House numbers not being generated

Greetings,
     I'm trying to compile the small OSM file attached with the following command:
java -jar mkgmap.jar --output-dir=saida --housenumbers --latin1 --index --remove-short-arcs --gmapsupp recreio2.osm

    Check list:1) Nodes with the house numbers have both addr:housenumber and addr:street correctly setup;2) The way (called "Rua Armando Santos") is less than 150m from the nodes;
3) The default style file has the following rule: # Assign the street name for house number searchhighway=* & name=* { set mkgmap:street='${name}' }4) The --housenumbers is present in the mkgmap call.

Still the resulting gmapsupp.img lacks the house numbers in the "Rua Armando Santos" when I hover the pointer over it in my Nuvi 255w to test it.
If I compile a map in .MP format, the house numbers show beautifully.

What am I doing wrong?
thanks,
Paulo