logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] link-pois-to-ways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 1 11:00:58 GMT 2014

> > yes, I think it is possible. I think about
> > how you can pass the information about the direction.
> > Maybe a new tag mkgmap:dir with the values
> > mkgmap:dir=forward, mkgmap:dir=backward and mkgmap:dir=both,
> > the last being the default?
> >
> > Gerd
>

> Yes that's the question we are wondering about on the forum too.
> If the node is part of one way it would get the direction of that way.
>
> See this node http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2644156384
> It is part of two ways. Both have the same direction.
> So for the tag traffic_sign:backward or motorcar:backward=no
> this would imply the node should get the same direction.
>
> If both ways have different directions, or if the node shares more ways,
> backward and forward doesnt seem to make sense to me?

I agree. Another problem that I see is that mkgmap might create redundant
route restrictions for this example, but that would just blow up the img size.
On the other hand, the link-poi-to-ways code somehow assumes
that a POI is only used in one way, I am not even sure that it really works
well if this is not the case.