logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] link-pois-to-ways

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Feb 1 10:20:16 GMT 2014

> yes, I think it is possible. I think about
> how you can pass the information about the direction.
> Maybe a new tag mkgmap:dir with the values
> mkgmap:dir=forward, mkgmap:dir=backward and mkgmap:dir=both,
> the last being the default?
>
> Gerd

Yes that's the question we are wondering about on the forum too.
If the node is part of one way it would get the direction of that way.

See this node http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2644156384
It is part of two ways. Both have the same direction.
So for the tag traffic_sign:backward or motorcar:backward=no
this would imply the node should get the same direction.

If both ways have different directions, or if the node shares more ways,
backward and forward doesnt seem to make sense to me?