logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bounds and sea on pleiades

From Patrik Brunner patrik.brunner at gmx.net on Fri Jan 31 14:37:50 GMT 2014

Lambertus,

Actually you have a directory ./latest in both your sea and bounds
directory in which we can find the latest version of the sea and and the
bounds file.

Unfortunately these files still have the date tag in the name which
makes an automatic 'fix' download of the latest boundaries quite
hard..... there's no need to change these files, but wouldn't it be
possible to have a file just called 'bounds.zip' and 'sea.zip' (and
respective for bz2 files) being a link to the actually latest file ?

So one could always download the latest file from the paths
./bounds/latest/bounds.zip and ./sea/latest/sea.zip

Not sure how complex it is to achieve this during your automated
generation/preparation/publishing, but guessing from my scripting
experience it shouldn't be that hard.

Thanks for having a look at this.
Cheers
Patrik