logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question regarding polish input data

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 27 07:00:17 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,
>  > As the comment says, this polygon is not closed. The trunk version
>  > ignores this error and creates a shape.
>  > Is this intended?
>
> Yes, this is standard for polish format. Cgpsmapper would probably
> complain if you close a polygon.

okay, that should work now in branch r2993.

> I think there are still some basic problems with  mkgmap regarding
> polish format. For example:
>
> [POLYLINE]
> Data0=....
> Data0=....
> [END]
>
> This object should create 2 separate lines, I think mkgmap connects
> them, which is wrong.
yes, it connects them and writes an error message. Can you
give an example ? I did not find a hint in the version 2.5 docu
for cgpsmapper.

> [POLYGON]
> Data0=....
> Data0=....
> [END]
>
> First "Data" should be treated as outer polygon, second and following as
> inner (hole). I'm not sure, what is doing mkgmap but i remember  that
> something is wrong with polygons too, there are wrong shapes on map.
Probably, because mkgmap simply adds all points to one list of points.

I assume we would need a procedure like that for mp relations.
Maybe I'll have a look at that later.