logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question regarding polish input data

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sun Jan 26 21:09:27 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

 > As the comment says, this polygon is not closed. The trunk version
 > ignores this error and creates a shape.
 > Is this intended?

Yes, this is standard for polish format. Cgpsmapper would probably
complain if you close a polygon.

I think there are still some basic problems with  mkgmap regarding
polish format. For example:

[POLYLINE]
Data0=....
Data0=....
[END]

This object should create 2 separate lines, I think mkgmap connects
them, which is wrong.

[POLYGON]
Data0=....
Data0=....
[END]

First "Data" should be treated as outer polygon, second and following as
inner (hole). I'm not sure, what is doing mkgmap but i remember  that
something is wrong with polygons too, there are wrong shapes on map.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej