logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] boundary France broken?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Jan 24 19:49:29 GMT 2014

Hi Lambertus, hi Thorsten,

that would be great if you can install such a service!

Attached you find a simple bash script to create the bounds file. I must
admit that I couldn't test it because I have only a Windows PC. But I am
sure you find the message in it :-)

I think the -Xmx8g can be a little bit lower if that matters for you. If
you need a much lower value the planet need to be split. Just let me
know. I can send you some poly files with an appropriate split.

Regarding the sea files: I can post a similar shell script within the
next days. But that's also not a big trick:
* Install mkgmap including the extra jar files (the ones in lib/optional)
* Download the new data (land polygons) from openstreetmapdata.com
* Unzip the file
* java -cp mkgmap.jar:<extra libs>
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.sea.optional.PrecompSeaGenerator land_polygons.shp
WGS84 sea
* Zip the new directory sea containing the new sea files.

Please post a link if you have installed your service so that we can
link to it.
Thanks!

WanMil