logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type=multipolygon relations

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Jan 19 19:49:27 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
> Ahh, that's fine.
> Unfortunately it shows the big problem of mps: thery are much too
> complicated (but this is not relevant for mkgmap - we have to support it
> until they are replaced by another OSM data structure).
>
> Does that also mean that we should another check for that?

yes, I did not yet look deeply into the code, but I guess we
can use this rule to simplify the routine that joins ways?
Question is: what should happen if a relation doesn't meet the
criteria? Ignore it completely or ignore elements that are invalid?