logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Loops in roads

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Jan 7 08:07:21 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd
> I must confest that I don't fully understand why a loop is causing
> trouble with routing. Of course, a very simple loop
> without any exit point is a problem, but why also normal
> roundabouts? In NOD, we save only parts of the roundabout,
> so NOD doesn't "see" a loop.
> Is the reason that we save the way as one polyline in
> NET and that it has only one ref to NOD?

I don't know. I have started on my program to display the
routing graph information on top of the roads.
I hope it will help to understand what is going on.

Attached is the first result. Not very useful yet, it displays the
routing nodes in black with the direction held within each part as a
short arrow. Best viewed in an svg viewer such as inkscape so you can
hide layers. I've attached a screen shot as well.

I based this on NodConvert but it doesn't cope with many files.
Do you have any updates to NodConvert?

..Steve