logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Wrong turn heading when using --process-exits

From Jonas Tull jonas at dalom.com on Mon Jan 6 21:18:08 GMT 2014

Hi!

I have an issue where a motorway_link which is modified by --process-exits
gives the wrong turn heading instruction in my GPS (Nüvi 205). "Turn left
at Exit 113" instead of "Turn right at Exit 113".

The way is http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4400960

When looking at the map in QLandkarte it looks like the first two ways
created when the _link way is split are almost parallel to the motorway. My
guess is that it's somehow related to the relatively long distance between
the first and second node in the original _link way.

I build my maps with the following (relevant?) arguments:
--adjust-turn-headings --route --housenumbers --process-destination
--process-exits

This issue can also be seen in the maps downloaded from
http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/

/Jonas