logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search: city sometimes missing

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Jan 3 14:07:21 GMT 2014

On Thu, Jan 02, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> Hi
>
>> I tried it with "Mittelfranken" from
>> http://download.geofabrik.de/europe/germany/bayern.html
>
> OK thanks.  I tried with that file with the same result; the city is
> on both buildings.
>
> I've uploaded the relevant tile http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/detail/165
> for others to try in case it is environment dependant.

Ok, with that tile, it works for me, too.

I used the prebuild mkgmap.jars from mkgmap.org, so that shouldn't be that
problem.

Which options did you use the generate the *.img file?

I used now this as smallest option:
mkgmap --latin1 --bounds=bounds --location-autofill=bounds,is_in,nearest --housenumbers --route --net --index *.osm.pbf

And with this, I run into the problem of the missing city again :(

Either it's a jar not bundled with mkgmap, some options, my self generated
bounds files or else I have no idea :(

  Thorsten