logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Diagnostic warnings for dead-end oneway highway=service

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 3 07:50:01 GMT 2014

Hi Marko,

found a few special cases:
1) the new dead-end-check is done before merging roads, so sometimes the
reported way ids in the old RouteNode check refer to merged roads.
When you want to compare results you should use --x-no-mergeroads
so that you see the correct way ids.
2) The new check did not ignore points that lie on the boundary, only those
that were outside of the tile boundary
3) The new check did not recognize P-shaped oneways as self-connecting.
4) The new check used a different (wrong) interpretation of the meaning of the LEVEL
parameter in --report-dead-ends=LEVEL option.

Attached is a new version of the patch.
One possible problem case in the new check: If a oneway X is connected to a
way Y that has just one (or more) identical points, the dead-end-check
for X will say that the way is not a dead end, but later the way Y will be deleted
with a corresponding warning and the old dead-end-check reports
the dead-end for way X.
I think this is okay as long as you see the warning for way Y.

Ciao,
Gerd