logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] invalid types in check-styles

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 2 23:04:25 GMT 2014

Hi Steve,

yes, it is an error. But how do you suggest to change mkgmap?
The default style uses 0xYY in lines and polygons file, as we don't
use extended types, and the range for YY is 00 to 3f for lines
and 00 to 7f for polygons, and sub types are not supported for them.
Should we interpret 0x3f00 like 0x3f and 0x11f like 0x11f00 ?
If yes, should this produce an error message like
style abc, file lines, line xyz, interpreting type 0x3f00 as 0x3f
style abc, file polygons, line xyz, interpreting type 0x11f as extended type
0x11f00.

Or do you vote for a change so that the user always has to write 0xXYYZZ ?

Gerd

Steve Ratcliffe wrote