logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing seems to depend on order of ways

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Dec 31 15:09:27 GMT 2013

Hi,

> I have no idea how to find the "right" order in a network.
> In NOD3, we sort the nodes "lexicographically by longitude, then latitude".
> Maybe we should do the same for NOD1?

Tried that. It fixes the problems in my test case, but creates similar problems
in other cases, so sorting seems not to be a solution.

My conclusion:
In MapSource and Basecamp,  make sure that option "try to avoid u-turns" is activated.

The doc for the display tool
http://svn.parabola.me.uk/display/trunk/doc/nod.txt
mentions "indirect links" which mkgmap never writes.
Maybe these are needed to avoid bad routing as described by Franco:
http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/mergeroads-sometimes-breaks-routing-tp5791132.html

but I have no idea how to test that.