logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2906: Merge the mergeroads branch.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Dec 30 23:27:48 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil

> the new mkgmap version now appears at other builds but the main download
> still links to r2889. Can you please have a look on it if you are back
> again?

OK I have now set it so that it should be updated tonight.

And thanks for posting the news item about it. I was going to suggest
that we need such a post and that you (and Gerd) are able to post
updates yourselves, but then I saw that you discovered that anyway ;)

I'll quickly explain what is happening with the download page.

A while back someone on the forums said that it was confusing to know
which build to download.  I thought that was a fair comment for
someone coming to the project for the first time.

So I added the green download button which is meant to be for a
reasonably stable version.  On the other hand a new build is created
for every commit to trunk and the branches immediately after they are
committed.

I don't really know the best way to update the 'green' download
so suggestions are welcome. Currently it updates every night to the
latest version unless a particular version has been pinned.
I was thinking of a way to mark a particular build as bad if
it had regressions and a way to stop updates for a few days
after a merge or something simple like that.

For reference: the following binary and source
formats are produced for every build. They all exist for
each build (trunk and branch) whether linked to or not.

mkgmap-rNNN.jar
mkgmap-rNNN.tar.gz
mkgmap-rNNN.zip
mkgmap-rNNN-src.zip
mkgmap-rNNN-src.tar.gz

The -rNNN- part can be replaced with -latest- in any of these to get
the most up to date version.

Everything is exactly the same for splitter.

..Steve