logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads sometimes breaks routing

From franco_bez franco.bez at web.de on Sun Dec 29 18:44:24 GMT 2013

I found a very strange routing behaviour connected to the mergeroads-patch.
The Problem area is here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/47.89307/10.63390

When I try to route ( Automobile-mode, minimize-time ) from corner
Liegnitzer-Straße/Glogauer-Straße to Beuthener-Straße Nr. 11, I get routed
all the way round the block.

Using --x-no-mergeroads the routing is fine.

Even stranger, when I tried to assemble a small testcase with an
data-extract from JOSM, the routing is fine, even when using mergeroads.

So the error seems to be triggered by something specific to the tile that
was generated when building a map of Bayern.

See screenshots:

Bad Routing with mergeroads:

<http://gis.19327.n5.nabble.com/file/n5791132/mergeroads-9452.bmp>

Routing OK with --x-no-mergeroads: