logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:road-speed-class vs. road_speed?

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sun Dec 29 12:52:35 GMT 2013

Hi,

I have a question about mkgmap:road-speed-class and the
road_speed/road_class elemets.

The documentation only writes that "mkgmap:road-speed-class"
overrides "road_speed".
But if I use "road_speed", what does this mean for
"mkgmap:road-speed-class"?

Example:

highway=motorway                [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=7 level 3]
maxspeed=* & mkgmap:road-speed-class!=* & maxspeedkmh() >  60 { set mkgmap:road-speed-class = 4 }

Will the second rule overwrite the first one?
If yes, how can I check if road_speed was already set or not?
If not, will the second rule have ever any affect?

This construct is used in the default mkgmap style, setting
road_class/road_speed in the action block, and later according
to maxspeed in inc/roadspeed.

Thanks,
  Thorsten