logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] why do we have mkgmap:road-speed-class ?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Dec 28 08:20:20 GMT 2013

> Hi WanMil,
>
> I fear I don't understand the meaning of this new tag.
> Docu says:
> "A value between 0 and 7. Overrides the road_speed definition in the
> element type definition if this tag is set."
>
> We have mkgmap:road-speed which allows to increment, decrement or override
> the road speed value in the element type definition.
> Why did you introduce this new tag?

mkgmap:road-speed already was already used so I could not just change
its meaning.
mkgmap:road-speed-class defines the speed classification whereas
mkgmap:road-speed can define or modify a speed classification. But how
do you want to modify an already set classification? That's not possible
in the style because you don't have arithmetic expressions.
That results in having mkgmap:road-speed-class which defines speed class
(or better overrides the class defined in the GType) and a modifier
mkgmap:road-speed. I propose to use mkgmap:road-speed as modifier only
(prefixed with +-) but I could not remove the usage without prefixed +-
because that would break existing style sheets.

WanMil