logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch v1] link-pois-to-ways and restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Dec 28 06:43:14 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

> r2790 is quite old. I have tested the link-pois-to-ways code at some
> time after that but maybe I did check access restrictions only. The
> change was intended to implement the calculation at one point only. The
> main idea is, that there is a clear distinction between code before
> postConvertRules() and after that. Code before postConvertRules() can
> use (and has to implement) several more tags than after postConvertRules().

okay

> I get the feeling that it might be easier to move the handling of the
> link-pois-to-ways to an earlier point in the processing. The current
> code is quite complicated. Maybe it could be moved after processing the
> points style file and just before processing the lines and polygons
> style file. At this point modifications might be possible on the OSM way
> data like we do before the style processing is started (e.g.
> LinkDestinationHook).

I think we have to process the lines style first, because we need to know
the access tags and road speed and road class.

> If you want to leave the code where it is I would recommend to put the
> mkgmap:road-speed calcs etc. to separate methods so that they can be
> called from postConvertRules() and the pois handling. That also
> encapsulates these tags.
I prefer to create a modified copy of the GType instance.
I have to find out why it was not done like this all the time.
An old comment for  the POI handling in StyledConverter says:
                            // we can't modify the road class or type in
                            // the GType as that's global so for now just
                            // transfer the tags to the way