logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search: city sometimes missing

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Fri Dec 27 09:25:17 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

On Fri, Dec 27, Gerd Petermann wrote:

> Hi Thorsten,
>

> I wasn't able to find specific addresses on my Garmin 62s, even
> if I did know that I entered them in OSM.
>
> does that mean that address search works normally but not for these
> cases ?

The address search works fine except for these cases, yes.

So entering in my Garmin 62s:
"Deutschland"
"Nurnberg"
"31"
"Von-der-Tann-Strasse"

will show me the correct address on the map (could be that you need to
select "Von-der-Tann-Strasse (B4R)", depending on the style).

Entering "30" instead will not find the Address.
If you repeat the same in Mapsource, but leaving the city
field empty, mapsource will find the address in Nuernberg,
but not if you search for Nuernberg.

  Thorsten