logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] barrier=gate

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 23 09:25:19 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

I find quite a lot of these barrier=gate points without any additional tag,
and the wiki shows a picture which allows access even for car,
but probably only for drivers that have a key to open the big
door.
I travelled part of the north sea cycle route and passed many of them,
their purpose is to prevent cattle from running away.
Bikers and pedestrian find a small door next to the big one.
For the bike driver, this means stop to zero, find out how the gate
can be opened, and push through, so the time punishment is
bigger than that for a barrier=cycle_barrier
as shown here:http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Unknown_barrier.jpg

Gerd