logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Route Restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 20 09:23:02 GMT 2013

Hi Steve,

I'd like to change the code for the --link-pois-to-ways option
so that POI with access restrictions (e.g. barriers or gates)
are converted to route restrictions instead of short way segments with
limited access as this doesn't represent the real meaning
of the POI.

My problem: Current implementation doesn't support
route restrictions that apply to pedestrians or emergency.
On the other hand I found this link:
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/NOD_Subfile_Format#Table_C

It claims that the exceptions for pedestrian and emergency is stored in the
header bytes. On the other hand, it also claims that this header contains a number
of ways, and I don't see that we write this.

I guess mkgmap writes another format of the table C. Do you think this can be changed
without much work?