logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Merge the mergeroads branch?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Tue Dec 10 21:16:22 GMT 2013

Hi Wanmil

I found more issues:

-I notice now that all the place names are not rendered anymore. I have include 'inc/place'; somewhere in the middle of the points file, does this have to be placed at the end in the finalysed section? And I have to mention I didnt use compat_points and compat_polygons.

-The branch version refused to run because I used --ignore-maxspeeds

-housenumber search doesnt work, because inc/address is not allowed on top?

> using the compat_* includes should produce the same result as if you
> use
> the current trunk so I am interested in the differences. Can you post
> your style files and describe what's different?

It could be that a few mkgmap parameters were not exactly the same.
I'll try another test with exactly the same settings later, I first have to repair those issues

> Short explanation about the lines below:
> Each OSM item can have up to four labels. The addlabel function adds
> one
> label (which means it sets the first unset tag mkgmap:label:n where n
> is
> 1-4).

Maybe I can use this mkgmap:label to add all cycle route labels? I now use several lines on top of each other, all representing a certain cycleroute relations (lcn, rcn, ncn). I had to do this because I wanted to display all the names. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ifcl63hn8f2z1u/trunk.jpg

In the mergeroads version some labels are gone, and also the ref's see https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sldv2q0si7qcp8/mergeroads1.jpg
Ignore the differences in map colours, one map is my full version, one is the light version, but they have the same lines file. Link to OSM is http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/93262793