logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Merge the mergeroads branch?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Dec 10 16:47:18 GMT 2013

Hi Minko,

using the compat_* includes should produce the same result as if you use
the current trunk so I am interested in the differences. Can you post
your style files and describe what's different?

Short explanation about the lines below:
Each OSM item can have up to four labels. The addlabel function adds one
label (which means it sets the first unset tag mkgmap:label:n where n is
1-4).

The rules in the compat_* files perform the same operations that are
performed by Java source code in the trunk.

mkgmap:display_name=* { addlabel '${mkgmap:display_name|subst:;=>/}' }
   Adds the text of mkgmap:display_name as label and replaces all ";"
with "/".

mkgmap:label:1!=* & ref=* { addlabel '${ref|part:;:1}' }
   If the OSM element has no label and there is a ref tag the value of
the ref tag is set as first label - but only the part until the first ";".

; was a special character in the trunk because it was used in the Java
source code as a separator between labels. The tag ref=A1;A2 setted two
labels A1 and A2.

WanMil