logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] TYP-file can't be written

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Nov 24 23:17:46 GMT 2013

Hi Henning

> in the end of August it worked without any problems. I've just read
> here that something was changed with TYP-files and code-page.

The change was that the --code-page parameter overrides the
CodePage that is in the typ txt file. That may well have been a bad
idea. It certainly is in this case.

Previously you would have had a cp1252 TYP file with the tiles being
in a different code page (unless you changed the CodePage in the
typ txt file too).

You should be able to work around the problem by using --code-page=1252
just before the .txt file and then setting it back to what it should be
just after.

I am tempted to revert that part of the change, but will have to
look at why I made it in the first place.

..Steve