logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible solution for deformed polygons

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 23 18:44:12 GMT 2013

Hi Andrzej,

popej wrote
>  > for address search the data is saved with the roads, not with the
>  > polygons and poi are separate points, so I don't see a problem here.
>
> I'm interested if POI from polygons will be created before or after
> merging. Making them before merging seems better solution.

Yes, POI are created much earlier (before style processing), in the style
you decide what is done with the POI.
The merge should happen much later.

popej wrote
> I'd like to present house number over building area, see attached
> picture. House number is an attribute of building polygon. The same goes
> for building name.
>
> Off topic about address search:
> There exist better approach for point addressing, which is already used
> in some maps but not supported by mkgmap yet. The idea is to convert
> address point to a very short invisible road and then add this road to
> search index. This has advantage of precise location of address and also
> gives possibility to include house number with letters in street name.
>
> Maybe you could think about some kind of procedure, which would allow to
> convert poi to a line? Like an new option for mkgmap: add-lines-to-poi?

Sounds interesting. I guess the algo for this is not very different from
that which calculates the nearest road. Maybe WanMil knows more about this?