logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible solution for deformed polygons

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Nov 23 17:48:32 GMT 2013

Hi Gerd,

 > for address search the data is saved with the roads, not with the
 > polygons and poi are separate points, so I don't see a problem here.

I'm interested if POI from polygons will be created before or after
merging. Making them before merging seems better solution.

I'd like to present house number over building area, see attached
picture. House number is an attribute of building polygon. The same goes
for building name.

Off topic about address search:
There exist better approach for point addressing, which is already used
in some maps but not supported by mkgmap yet. The idea is to convert
address point to a very short invisible road and then add this road to
search index. This has advantage of precise location of address and also
gives possibility to include house number with letters in street name.

Maybe you could think about some kind of procedure, which would allow to
convert poi to a line? Like an new option for mkgmap: add-lines-to-poi?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej