logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] r2829 in the high-prec-coord branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 19 08:00:56 GMT 2013

Hi Colin,

well, the branch is not stable as I am trying to find new solutions for
old problems using the additional info that the higher precision offers .
I am pretty sure that this introduces new - but hopefully smaller -
problems.

The change in r2829 was a first working version of the new algo, I've just
committed r2830...

Gerd

Colin Smale wrote
> Hi Gerd,
>
> I have been noticing this for a long time. I am not using
> adjust-turn-headings. I tried it some time ago and decided at that time
> that it was not an improvement. I haven't tried high-prec-coord yet
> although it is sounding like it might be pretty stable now so I might
> give it a go!
>
> Colin
>
> On 2013-11-18 23:20, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>
>> Hi Colin,
>>
>> yes, possible. Do you see these problems with the trunk version or with
>> the high-prec-coord branch?
>> Do you use adjust-turn-headings? I have to find out if that is still
>> needed in the branch, and if yes,
>> if it still works as expected.
>>
>> Gerd
>>
>> -------------------------
>> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 23:13:42 +0100

> colin.smale@

> mkgmap-dev at .org

>> Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] r2829 in the high-prec-coord branch
>>
>> Just a thought... could this also explain why I sometimes get told to
>> "keep left" at an exit on a straight motorway, which is a redundant way
>> of saying "do not take the exit"? I haven't been able to discover any
>> logic related to the tagging or the geometry in the OSM data.
>> Colin
>>
>> On 2013-11-18 22:43, GerdP wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've coded a replacement for the removeShortArcsByMergingNodes() method,
>>> called removeWrongAngles().
>>> It also replaces the code to beautify roundabouts.
>>> Function:
>>> 1) remove zero length arcs and