logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address index for multi-country map

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Nov 10 14:27:44 GMT 2013

Hello Bernhard,

please read my previous mail which was sent to you only by mistake:

=============
Hello Bernhard,

you are including the inc/address file but you don't use the bounds
paramter that links the precompiled bounds file. This is required to let
the inc/address file work. Only using the bounds parameter the
mkgmap:admin_levelN tags are assigned which are used by the inc/address
file. You can download some precompiled bounds from
http://www.navmaps.eu/boundaries

Instead you are using --location-autofill=bounds,nearest. Bounds is no
longer supported (but silently accepted). So the only address assigning
algorithm is the location-autofill=nearest. This is a good guess only so
don't expect good results. It's mainly used for regions that don't have
a good boundary coverage.

Have fun!
WanMil