logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] reduce_limits branch

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Nov 5 17:06:35 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I've committed r2799. This reverts some experimental code. I think the
program is now ready for productional use.
It is fully compatible with trunk.
Please try it!

Improvements:
1) Smoothing filters are more efficient, this reduces img size by ~ 3%
Please check if you see changes in parallel lines, e.g.
SRTM data. If so, please let me know if this version
is better or worse.
2) Roads with many (>250) points are no longer split into parts
as long as they are not also very long or have a large bounding
box . This reduces NOD size a little bit. I don't know if it improves routing,
but GPSMapEdit loads the map a bit faster (10% seen with tile from
Australia)