logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Numerical comparison of two tags

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Nov 3 14:53:18 GMT 2013

On 03/11/13 12:33, Henning Scholland wrote:
> Wouldn't it be more logical to convert it to:
>
> minspeed=* & maxspeed=* & minspeed < $maxspeed

OK perhaps I shouldn't have given a specific example. It is an internal
detail of how the style system works that you have to have something
like a=b or a=* first. If you don't have one, then the style system
will create one for you that works without changing the meaning of
what you wrote.

It could pick minspeed=* or maxspeed=* it doesn't really matter and it
might be different in the future.  That rule is only used as an index
to select the possible rules that could match and is then thrown away
again. So the only thing that is actually run is the test for the
minspeed value equalling the maxspeed value.

..Steve