logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Numerical comparison of two tags

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Nov 3 12:23:50 GMT 2013

On 02/11/13 10:01, chris66 wrote:
> would it be a problem to make it work also with the quotes?
>
> To make it consistent with the existing usage.

After some thought I would rather not do that. In tag matches,
the quotes remove the special meaning of special characters and
I would like to preserve that.

Also there is a big difference; it is not a string containing tag
values and so something like: '${name} (${ref})' would not work, nor
do any of the variable filters work.

We could use a different notation such as get_tag(maxspeed) since it
would be clearer that it could not be quoted.

I could add a warning if a quoted string starts with "${" as
that is unlikely to be intentional.

I will only use the form $maxspeed in the documentation (without {})
to make it visibly different.

..Steve