logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v1] avoid wrong bearing results

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Nov 1 10:08:24 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

> well done!
> I like the way that the higher precision can be used step by step and we
> don't have to change the whole source code at once!

yes, that's why I liked it so much that I posted the quick hack.
The next step might be to use it in Java2DConverter and routines like
Way.clockwise().
It might also be used to beautify roundabouts and other zig-zagging
caused by rounding errors.

> Does the change require more memory? I have seen two new byte fields in
> the Coord class.

no, it uses two spare bytes (a Coord instance allocates 16 bytes (8 byte alignment)
with the patch 12 bytes are used, still leaving 4 spare bytes)