logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Is it possible with --add-poi-to-lines option and style rules to create pois only for ways with a min/max/equal length?

From Anna Leuchter aleuche at web.de on Tue Oct 29 18:42:01 GMT 2013

Hi Henning,

  >Typical Garmin software shows all POI, if you click next to them.

Yes, i know.
But mayor  intention of that waymark signs is to have a better visualization of  hiking routes on the map.
(Like we have it in paper hiking maps)
If the marks overlaps this visualization gets lost for the overlayed signs.

 >I don't think that shifting is a good solution, because the distance
 >depends on zoom level and on the number of routes.

Yes, i'm aware of that problems and think that it's difficult finding a perfect solution for all situations(zoom, route count...)
Regarding zoomlevel it will always be a compromise:
Having a parameter with whom you can determine the shift which will be used in that case, could help you to find the compromise which fits best your needs.
Regarding the count of routes which shares the same way:
Maybe here the count of routes which will be shifted(if needed), can be restricted to e.g. the first 3 matching routes or handeld via parameter, too.

With both parameter imo you have not perfect but good tools to find a good compromise in creation of that points.

For more perfection the angle of turns in the way could beused to determine if a mark is needed or not. Straight ways needs less marks than curvy ways.
But i don't have any idea how much effort it is to implement such things.

regards
Gert