logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2784: Clear maps after use. The tests now pass.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Oct 24 11:11:30 BST 2013

On 24/10/13 05:47, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> would you mind to allocate new instances instead of using clear() ?

Yes that would be better. However I wondered why end() was being called
twice anyway, this is surely not a good idea. So I've fixed the test to
recreate the converter between each step of the test and reverted the
previous change back to nulling the fields.

> Depending on the style and parms, the collections can be quite large and
> thus may increase peak memory. A call to clear() doesn't free the memory
> for the arrays.

..Steve