logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] question regarding MapRoad

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 24 06:06:03 BST 2013

Hi Steve,

> It would probably be better to create a grid of subdivisions and cut
> the roads at nodes near the boundary so that there is a lot less
> overlapping.  I've no idea how much, if any, difference it would make
> though, and it would entail a fairly substantial re-write.

I think the existing split algo works fine, the only open question for me is
whether it could be better to clip lines or shapes under certain
circumstances.

I'll use the branch to play with this.
I am also playing with a ShapeMerge algo similar to merge-lines. What
I have reduces img size nicely is far too slow for now .