logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch - how to set street labels in style files

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Oct 16 12:05:52 BST 2013

Could we have an external file that defines how the labels are read in?

I would like to have name, mgkmap:name=1, mkgmap:name2, mkgamp:name=3
to be used. However just having mkgmap:name1 to 4 is also okay (would
mean the first line of my style is name=* {set mkgmap:name='${name}'}

then replace all calls to name by calling mkgmap:name in the style
subsequently. Which does make some lines longer. Same would be true for
ref if you need it. If there is a separate file where you can define
what is by default read in as the first fields, it would save some space
and lines.

Otherwise just go for mkgmap:name1 to 4 as not being able to define what
ends up where, would be rather confusing. So definitely not already hard
define name:1 with ref, and name:2 with name, as some people may prefer
maps without using ref. I will have to do some testing, but I think I
rather not need ref at all. (I much prefer if the search alternatively
can find "route name", "street name" each on it's own, and alternatively
"street name (route name)".

Felix
(clearly the current way is not good, I don't know at all the outcome of
setting, ref, name, whatever).
On 13.10.2013 00:30, Henning Scholland wrote:

keep on biking and discovering new trails

Felix
openmtbmap.org & www.velomap.org