logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap-mergeroads

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Oct 12 21:42:12 BST 2013

> I still see no improvements with mkgmap-mergeroads-r2753, the routing still seeks the motorways as the shortest option for bicycles.
> Anyway, also the trunk version takes motorways now and then so maybe it has always been the case.

I have retried using exactly the same options you use but same
behaviour. Bicycle routing avoids motorways (in Mapsource).

> Next question:
> I use --ignore-maxspeeds, but then mkgmap-mergeroads doesn't run. Is this intended?

Yes, the ignore-maxspeeds is removed in the mergeroads branch.

> Better ignore this option or print a warning rather then simply stop processing?

Maybe, I will think about it.

> I suppose to ignore this processing, placing a # before include 'inc/roadspeed'; ?

Correct.

> Another more severe bug is that all cycleways by default get a non routable flag for pedestrians
>
> See the img file in gpsmapedit:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4iskev2w7p78x7/mergeroads_cycleway.jpg
>
> This behaviour is consistent for every cycleway I checked and the result is that pedestrians avoid cycleways.
>
> So there might be a bug in the style converter altough it adds foot=yes:
>
> highway=cycleway {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes}

I cannot find this rule in the mergeroads branch only in the trunk.
But you are right. This rule seems to be removed in the branch. I will
check that.

> I also see in the routing window of gpsmapedit that motorways (Road class 4/major HW) get a selection flag for "no bicycle" (as expected), but not for "no pedestrian".

Yes, I will check that too.