logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads - Handling of mkgmap:carpool

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Oct 12 08:23:37 BST 2013

Hi WanMil,

I have no idea what a carpool lane is, so I can't say how it should be handled.
Anyway, reg. the original source code (looking at trunk version 2748) :
1) I think it is very confusing that StyledConverter and RoadDef store
the bits regarding access with inverted meaning.
StyledConverter has an array called noAccess, so a true should mean "no access",
while RoadDef names the array ACCESS.
2) StyledConverter evaluates access=carpool AND mkgmap:carpool=*.
access=carpool just sets the corresponding bit, while mkgmap:carpool=1
(or =true, =yes)  also set the other access bits.
I don't know if anybody is using this special mkgmap:carpool tag,
I'd prefer to remove it.

Regarding the source mergeroads branch (r2753) :
I think the code tries to evaluate access=carpool in the
way the trunk version would evaluate mkgmap:carpool.
That is probably not intended.

Gerd