logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads - Handling of mkgmap:carpool

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Oct 11 23:27:39 BST 2013

I've changed how the mkgmap:carpool flag is handled. It is no longer
handled as common access flag, which means the new actions add/setaccess
no longer set the mkgmap:carpool flag.
There was a problem with such a rule:
access=yes { setaccess yes }
It classified the road as carpool which means it can only be used for
carpools, emergencies and busses...

This is the handling now:
The no carpool bit (0x0008 see RoadDef) is set except mkgmap:carpool is
set to yes. (In this case all other mkgmap:xxx access flags are set to
no - except emergency and bus which are set to yes).

@All:
Is the carpool bit handled correctly?

How can I test?

Shall the extra handling (automatic setting of all other mkgmap:xxx
access flags) should still be used? I think this could better be done by
the style developer? Example:
carpool=yes { set mkgmap:carpool=yes; setaccess no; set
mkgmap:emergency=yes }

@Programmers:
Shall we remove the carpool bit from the common access flags and add a
separate method setCarpool(boolean) to the RoadDef class like it is done
with the throughroute, unpaved etc. flags? I find it quite irritating to
have carpool in the common access bits.

WanMil