logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with compiling TYP containing Cyrillic characters (mkgmap r2673)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Oct 8 11:32:16 BST 2013

On 08/10/13 10:55, keenonkites wrote:
> I have a properly translated source Text file (UTF-8 with BOM) for
> Russian containing, obviously, cyrillic characters. It contains
> definitions like (for example):
>
>     [_line]
>     Type=0x10103
>     UseOrientation=Y
>     LineWidth=2
>     Xpm="0 0 1 0"
>     "1 c #99CCCC"
>     String1=0x19,Канал/ров
>     ExtendedLabels=Y
>     FontStyle=NoLabel (invisible)
>     CustomColor=No
>     [end]

Hi,

I will have to look into this in more detail, but the first thing to do
is to remove the CodePage=1252 as mkgmap will try to read the file
as though it is in written in that code page.

When you do that there is an error. I think that is probably caused by
the BOM.  If so that should be easy to fix.

..Steve