logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] frig-roundabouts doesn't work

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Sep 28 09:37:47 BST 2013

Hi all,

while looking at the code again I found out that frig-roundabouts still
can be used with --x-frig-roundabouts.

I think the option doesn't work very well in the current implementation.
Problems:
1) It assumes that a roundabout is round, this is not
always true, as it might be elliptic
2) it doesn't add the points
to any overlaying line, so I guess that this will look funny.
3) It assumes that a way tagged as roundabout is
forms a loop without checking that, but some mappers split
roundabouts:
4) it is meant to "stop the gps from reporting the wrong exit"
but it is called after short-arc-processing, so it cannot solve the
problem when two exits were merged by that processing.

I'll try to fix these problems as well as the other problems
regarding the short arcs.

Gerd

GerdP wrote