logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] First post to the mailing list - Garmin search issues

From Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au on Sat Sep 28 01:39:24 BST 2013

Hi Andrzej
The Garmin 62s and Rino 650 have multiple maps with the Rino 650 having only OSM generated ones (aside from the Garmin basemap).  The 62s has Garmin's topo maps.  The feature "Hut 3" only appears in OSM data, not Garmin's topo maps.
Here is a link to the img file that I have created.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D994A45D28184300!429&authkey=!AI3juHlx0rFE9ec
Are you or anyone else having trouble with the search feature?  I am installing the maps on the Garmins by directly copying the img file.
I must admit I am rather puzzled how Garmin works with multiple maps as the enable and disable does not appear to change the indexes at time.  It appears almost that Garmin caches data.
Cheers
Brett