logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2707: Don't complete remove an unconnected road.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Sep 24 15:25:21 BST 2013

On 24.09.2013 08:34, GerdP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Felix Hartmann-2 wrote
>> okay, well I never thought about that case. It could be useful - however
>> in that case I would rather have another command like remove all if
>> unconnected and not 0x. 0x could be misread for 0x00...
> Sorry, I probably was not clear about that 0x stuff.
> mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=0x? meant
> mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=<type>
>
> So, if I got this right we need three different
> results regarding unconnected roads:
> 1) ignore the way added by the rule containing the
> mkgmap:set_unconnected_type=none action
> (that is what r2707 implements with "none")
> 2) ignore the OSM way including all overlays etc. (that was the behaviour
> before r2707 with "none")
> 3) change the road to a non-routable line by giving it a different
> non-routable type
yes - if people need 2) then yes. Because it would IMHO be much better
to simply add again an set_unconnected_type=none for the overlays too.
However 1) cannot be achieved on the branch before 2707.

Note that the "old" behaviour has always been 1). It only changed with
the merge-roads patches/branch. At least for revision <2650 this was for
sure the case!

> I would prefer to change "none" back to the old behaviour and add a new
> option,e.g. "ignore_this"
> that implements 1)
I don't mind what is called what - as long as 1) exists....