logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Fri Sep 13 07:46:01 BST 2013

On 12.09.2013 20:58, WanMil wrote:

>> Felix, you're welcome :-)
>> Getting such comments is the reason to implement and test these new
>> features in a branch.
>> I can easily add handling for mkgmap:access=no into the java sources.
>>
>> That requires to cleary define an order the access tags are handled. The
>> order is defined as follows:
>>
>> 1. mkgmap:access=no
>>      => all access fields in the map are set to no
>> 2. mkgmap:carpool=yes
>>      => all access fiels are set to no, except carpool, emergency and bus.
>>         The through route bit is set to no.
>>         This rule already existed in the java source code before my changes
>> 3. In all other cases all mkgmap:* access tags are evaluated.
>>
>> WanMil
> I have comitted the changes. So you can start with adapting your style
> and with testing.
>
> WanMil

Very good, however....

I should have been more clear. I not only need mkgmap:access=no, but
also mkgmap:access=yes...
For some special circumstances I want to make sure, that access rights
set to no beforehand, are reset to yes.
I assumed the implementation would be done anyhow for yes and no -
however I think if I read the changed passage, only no will work.

as for carpool - setting mkgmap:carpool=no is not logical regarding the
way garmin implements this. So maybe there should be a little note in
the inc/access that due to the way mkgmap:carpool works, setting it to
no is not possible (it wouldn't be clear what access rights to set).

Oh yeah, I hope not only set but also add works for
mkgmap:access=yes/no.... (in order to set something explicit for further
treatment - as yes is not the same as "default/unset" while working down
the lines file (of course in the end in the garmin .img yes is identical
to default/unset - but before explicit vs implicit could make a difference).

Also the default inc/access should use that mkgmap:access=no IMHO (or at
least include a line "# you could also replace the following block with
mkgmap:access=no").